stack
  • Facebook
  • RSS
  • youtube
  • technorati
  • delicious

I am Muslim and I don't care of those idiots who hijacked my religion.

A Canadian friend asked me to describe my religion to her. This is how I simply described my simple religion.
Islam is a very simple religion. Islam includes only 5 simple letters; I, S, L, A, and M.
Islam means the submission to God (Allah; the most merciful, the most compassionate).
The Muslim is the one who believes in Islam.
Islam has been built on 5 - main pillars; as Muslim;
1. I witness that Allah is one and only one; and Muhammad is Allah's prophet and the last prophet.
2. I pray 5- times a day.
3. I fast the month of Ramadan (29 or 30 days/ year).
4. I pay Zakat (Kind of alms).
5. I perform Hajj (pilgrimage) if I can (in terms of health and wealth capabilities).
According to prophet Muhammad's definition in different colloquies;
A Muslim must be;
1. Clean
2. Honest
3. Polite
4. Peaceful
5. Tidy and neat
6. Smart and wise
7. Not idiot. (Not like the ones we watch them on the CNN and the Fox news).
8. Supportive to and peaceful with his/ her neighbors.
9. Gracious with the weak, the young, and the elders.
10. Generous.
11. Strong and brave in the right. 
12. Fair and does not accept the injustice.
13. Rich in terms of moral and wealth (or should seek to be wealthy via the good deed). 
According to the real Islam;
1. The Muslim believes in all divine religions with no exception.
2. The Muslim believes in all God's prophets with no distinctions.
3. The Muslim believes in God's angels.
4. The Muslim believes in the destiny of God.
5. The Muslim believes in the life, the death, and the life after death (the Heaven).
According to the real Islam;
1. There are no differences between males and females in human rights and human duties within a dynamic cyclicality. In simple words; the long life duties = the long life rights in evenness.
2. There are no differences between the rich and the poor in terms of the allocation of the endowments of life because God is just.
3. There are no differences among people. All people have equal rights and equal opportunities in life.
What Jihad means in Islam
Jihad means "struggle for a good goal". The Muslim parents struggle to pave the way to a better future for their children. When I study hard; I struggle in life for a better future. When I work hard I struggle in life for a better future.
The defense when I get attacked to protect my soul, my people, and my homeland is recommended in Islam but attacking and killing peaceful people is considered a heinous crime in Islam and it's impermissible by all means and cannot be justified under any circumstances.
What Halal (permissible) or Haram (impermissible/ forbidden) means in Islam
Everything is halal in Islam unless it's said obviously in Quraan (The holy book in Islam) and the Sunnah (The prophet's legacy) that it's forbidden or it's limited in numbers or boarders.
1. Muslims don't drink wine because it's said obviously in Quraan that "Don't touch wine".
2. Muslims don't eat pork because it's said obviously in Quraan that "Don't eat pork".
3. Muslims cannot have sex outside the marriage wedlock because it's said obviously in Quraan that ''Do not come near the adultery''.
and so on.
Islam is a simple religion that draws a good path for people and they are free to follow that path or to divert from that path. If they follow the path of Islam they are called before God ''Muslims''. If they choose to not to follow that path they are called before God ''Non-Muslims'' but no one can judge them but God.
What Infidels mean in Islam
Infidels in Islam mean ''the evils'' (malefactors). The infidel in Islam doesn't mean the atheist as it's wrongly translated to different languages.
Is Islam a religion of peace?
To me Islam is a practical religion. It's not for peace or for violence. It's just a practical religion that helps the Muslim to have a systematic life from day 1 to the last day in life. A Muslim is not an angel or a devil. A Msulim is just a human-being who follows the path of Islam as much as he/she can.
I consider myself lucky that I have a system in life as a Muslim woman but I don't feel that I am better or less than anyone else.
I am Muslim and I don't care of those idiots who hijacked my religion. They don't represent me or my religion.
I hope if I could describe Islam in simple words to my Canadian friend and I hope if she could perceive it also that simple.
Ghada Mohamed in Ottawa; October 14th, 2014

0 comments:

إضغط هنا لإضافة تعليق

إرسال تعليق

Blogger Widgets